The Bhrigu Lake Trek is considered as one of the high level alpine lakes that is from the beautiful Manali, Himachal Pradesh. It’s just a three days hike or trek from Manali. The perfect part of Bhrigu Lake Trek is that you get to climb more than 14,000 ft. in just three days. Yes! You read that right. In just 3 days. This height is achieved generally on the fourth or fifth day if you are completely trained. But, just imagine completing something like this in just three days. The most alpine and beautiful meadows start around 11,000 ft. which is above the tree line. When you start your trekking journey, you start walking down the meadows within the first 10 minutes of the trek.
Best Time to do Bhrigu Lake Trek
The best time to go for the Bhrigu Lake Trek is before the month of June and after August since this is when the rains occur and the climate is perfect for the most picturesque and mesmerizing views. There might be a possibility of landslides at night.
- In the summers, the temperature is around 20-25 degrees in the daytime and falls suddenly to 5 -7 degrees at night. So make sure that you carry your winter clothes as they will be your lifesaver in the entire trek.
- If you want to do the Bhrigu Lake Trek in the months of December, then during the daytime it is around 10-15 degrees and at night it gets even lower. It can even sometimes go to 0 degrees at night. The place remains frozen for more than half of the year.
Winter trekking in the Himalayas can be fascinating even for the trekkers. In winters, the entire region is covered in thick snow everywhere and the temperatures fall even to minus 10 degrees Celsius at night. Apart from that, the upper area of the trek experiences heavy snow! So it is not at all recommended to go on the Bhrigu Lake trek in winter.
Route of Bhrigu Lake Trek
First you need to drive from Manali to Gulaba and then trek uphill till the Rola Kholi. Manali (2050 m) to Gulaba (2600 m) to Rola Kholi (3810 m). It is approximately a 4-5-hour trek and is around 7 km.
Gulaba is the foremost and starting point of the Bhrigu Lake Trek and is about 22 km drive from Manali.
Cost of Bhrigu Lake Trek
The Bhrigu lake trek is not too expensive if compared to other treks. If you want to do it, your total expense will be around 6000-7000 per person. When you are all booked with a tour operator, they provide a complete package that includes meals as well. This accommodation is provided in the tents on a triple sharing or on a double sharing basis.
Bhrigu Lake Trek: Equipment Required
There is a list of items that you must carry with yourself while you are on any trek. So, the list, that is mentioned below, is not specifically for Bhrigu Lake trek but for all the treks. You need to bring these things for sure when you are packing for your adventure.
- If you are supposed to bring the trekking gear, then you have to carry a rucksack bag with an in-built rain cover. Then, have a day bag pack which isn’t heavy. Make sure you include a head torch light with extra batteries in the bagpack.
- When you trek, you need to wear proper and good quality footwear. You need to wear skid-free, high ankle, rough trekking shoes which will give you a good grip that will be required for the trek.
- Wear quick-drying t-shirts or comfortable and loose clothing. You can wear full sleeve shirts or sweatshirts at night for trekking to protect yourself from the cold.
- When you reach a certain height on the mountain, it is your skin that goes dry in no time. So, there are a lot of requirements for sunscreen because they will definitely help your skin to remain moisturised. Also, you should consider having a lip balm and a face moisturizer with yourself.
- Always carry glucose powder because that can give you instant energy. You can also carry dry fruits, nuts or energy bars that can be easily carried. Do not bring any heavy suitcases while you are coming to the trek.